3 a a public officer usually of a town or township responsible for keeping the peace and for minor judicial duties. Responsibilities constables duties include but are not limited to the following conduct constable sales of property levied on to satisfy judgments. Constable an official of a municipal corporation whose primary duties are to protect and preserve the peace of the community in medieval law a constable was a high functionary under the french and english kings the importance and dignity of this position was second only to that of the monarch. Constable definition an officer of the peace having police and minor judicial functions usually in a small town rural district etc see more
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.