Old photograph of pollokshaws burgh hall and sir john maxwell school pollokshaws burgh hall which opened in 1898 was provided for the people of pollokshaws by sir john stirling maxwell who contributed towards its upkeep until the burgh was annexed by glasgow in 1912 the hall was designed in the scots baronial style by noted edinburgh . Explore julie smiths board pollokshaws old new on pinterest see more ideas about glasgow roads and scotland discover recipes home ideas style inspiration and other ideas to try a board by julie smith. The round toll house built around 1800 at the junction of pollokshaws road and barrhead road is a surviving example of the old burghs eclectic architectural style the village character of pollokshaws was enhanced by its compact layout covering only sixty seven hectares of territory in 1912 with a population of almost 13000
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.