Glorious revolution also called revolution of 1688 or bloodless revolution in english history the events of 1688 89 that resulted in the deposition of james ii and the accession of his daughter mary ii and her husband william iii prince of orange and stadholder of the netherlands. The glorious revolution of 1688 1689 replaced the reigning king james ii with the joint monarchy of his protestant daughter mary and her dutch husband william of orange it was the keystone of . The aim of this book is to set the glorious revolution in its religious political and diplomatic background and examine its consequences for britain and europe cruickshanks discusses the problems of the reign of james ii that led to the invasion of william of orange in november 1688
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.